Relocate to Germany.
SALARY: discussed individually.
Berlin-based insure-tech startup that offers a tech-enabled insurance platform for individuals to find plans and policies according to their needs or lifestyle.
Their aim is to relieve the burden of researching and purchasing insurance policies and give people what they need: honest, simple insurance.
In April 2022 the company announced a seed funding round closed at €3.8 million
It counts having assisted over 30,000 customers from some 150 countries worldwide to date.
The company employs about 40 employees (10 of them are Engineering Team members).
Since the company is expanding its existing products and launch new ones in all of Europe they are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer.
What will you do:
- A lot of hands-on coding on challenging projects
- Performing code coverage testing
- Mentoring junior and mid-level developers
- Interviewing engineers and making hiring decisions
- Collaborating and communicating with other teams and departments
- Giving technical talks as well as running technical demos and workshops
- Proposing architectural changes using RFC process
- Strong knowledge of Node.js, Typescript
- Experience with NestJS, Prisma ORM, Docker, Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience in working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, BigQuery
- Be familiar with modern CI/CD and developer tooling such as linters and testing frameworks
The company offers you:
- Fully remote work with a flexible schedule.
- Company gatherings and off-sites (when COVID-safe).
- Option to join one of the Berlin's premiere co-working spaces
- Learning budget. The company offers €1200 a year for courses, trainings, workshops, and other professional development opportunities.
- 24 vacation days.
It is a great opportunity to join a flat hierarchy, mission-driven team who create a product that people need and are grateful for.