LEVEL: Middle and Senior.
SALARY: is discussed individually.
This company is a US company with a global customer base and globally distributed remote workforce. It is best known for the world’s most powerful time series database and analytics engine dedicated to financial applications. The company is a major supplier of market data for research and trading, and its regulatory products are used by the world’s largest exchange group, the world’s largest market-maker, the world’s largest options trader, and by regulators, banks, and brokerage firms around the world.
Colleagues are looking for a specialist to enhance their expertise in the Operations & Monitoring engineers team, which develops the infrastructure behind the hosted solutions and their software and data delivery lifecycle.
The company has more than 1.5 petabytes of data in s3 and EFS. Some of the data is exposed in S3 using Storage Gateways. Also, the company is transitioning toward Kubernetes as opposed to virtual machines, centralized logging and monitoring, migration of data loading process to airflow, and infrastructure optimizations to increase performance and reduce costs.
The project uses the following technical stack:
- AWS (EKS, EC2, S3, SGW, ASG, ALB, Lambda, etc.).
- Terraform and Ansible as an IaC approach.
- Python and Bash for programming and scripting purposes.
- Docker (docker-compose, docker airflow plugin) for containerization.
- Kubernetes (mostly EKS, but GKE and other Kubernetes engines are also being used) for Orchestration and Helm for its management.
- Prometheus, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch, and CloudTrail, Loki for monitoring, logging, and some statistics collection.
- Airflow for product data processing and MLFlow for Machine Learning.
- Jupyter and JupyterHub for data analysis.
What you will do:
- Ensuring daily that the data delivery cycle is functioning from end to end on-premises and in AWS, supporting all company branches in their data availability requests.
- Alerts and daily job monitoring, help to eliminate the issues timely and proactively.
- Setting up, configuring and maintaining environments for Cloud Customers using OneTick and Terraform (the latter is optional).
- Helping with troubleshooting in case of connectivity issues in our environments.
- Improving the existing framework of data loading and processing scripts.
- Working with AWS.
- Collaboration with different teams across the company, customers and data vendors.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Linux system administrator experience.
- Experience with network tools and protocols.
- Experience with Bash or Python/Perl (preferably, Python).
- English - Intermediate or higher (speaking).
The company offers:
In turn, the company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which is discussed individually with each candidate based on his expertise. Colleagues offer a good relocation package for moving to Armenia or fully remote work. Also, colleagues compensate for medical insurance. Working in OneMarketData, you will have the opportunity to solve complex problems and influence the quality of products used by thousands of people around the world with your decisions!